Are you considering a getting a divorce?
You may have heard the old saying, knowledge is power. Over the last two months, I have been sharing different aspects about divorce in Michigan to help our readers become more knowledgeable. This series has provided free general information about what you can expect when getting a divorce in Michigan. Today, I am wrapping up this series, and questions that will be answered include:
- What are Michigan’s requirements for getting a divorce
- How will debt and property be divided?
- How will custody of my minor child be decided?
Below is a list of our articles on divorce in Michigan for your reference. Please remember that these articles were written for general information and are not intended as legal counsel. If you have specific questions about your divorce situation, please contact my office.
- Alternatives to Divorce in Michigan
If you are not quite ready for a divorce and are looking for other options, this article is for you.
- Michigan Requirements for Getting a Divorce
Find out how Michigan’s no-fault laws apply to divorce.
- How to Start the Divorce Process in Michigan
If you are ready to get started, read through this article.
- Michigan Divorce Basics – Dissolution of Marriage in Michigan
Are you wondering what dissolution of marriage in Michigan means?
- Divorce in Michigan – How Property and Debt Are Divided
Are you wondering who will be responsible for the debt and who will get the flat screen? What if there is a disagreement about the property?
- Divorce in Michigan – Alimony and Spousal Support
Will you be required to pay spousal support?
- Divorce in Michigan with Children – How Will They Be Affected Legally?
Do you have children? What happens to them legally?
- Divorce in Michigan – Custody of Minor Children
How will custody of your minor children be decided?
- Divorce in Michigan – ‘Best Interest of the Child’ Factors
If the court will be deciding who receives the custody of your children, how will it be decided?
- Divorce in Michigan – ‘Best Interest of the Child’ Factors Part 2
This article wraps up the factors the court will use to decide what is in the best interest of your child when determining custody.
- Divorce in Michigan: All About Child Support
Will you have to pay child support?
- Divorce in Michigan: How Parenting Time is Determined
The types custody that may be awarded and what parenting time may look like with each.
- 4 Divorce Terms You Need to Know When Considering a Divorce
These 4 terms will help you to be more knowledgeable during the divorce process.
- Divorce in Michigan – Finalizing the Divorce: Have you wondered what happens when it is all over? Or, how your divorce will be decided?
Divorce is not a pleasant subject. Having an experienced attorney who concentrates on family law is essential. Please call my office if you are considering a divorce. I am here to help.
248-348-7400 or 586-530-1000