Did you think Detroit’s former mayor Kwame Kilpatrick learned his text message lesson?
Have you been following the trial closely?
If you haven’t been following the Kilpatrick Trial, we have been sharing almost weekly updates to keep you informed on the former Detroit mayor case. You can view any of those articles by clicking on the link below.
- Former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick Back In Detroit
- Update on Kwame Kilpatrick Case
- The History Behind the Kwame Kilpatrick Saga
- Kilpatrick’s Personal Piggy Bank
- The Latest in the Kilpatrick Trial
- Kilpatrick Says He’s Done With Detroit
- Co-Defendant Pleads Guilty In Kilpatrick Trial
- Kilpatrick Enterprise Corruption Trial – Businessman’s Testimony
- Kwame Kilpatrick Promoting Jobs in Detroit
- Kwame Kilpatrick Violates Parole
On this December Friday, we are reviewing what happened this week.
More Texting Messaging Trouble
The Government has obtained more text messages that are causing more trouble for Detroit’s former mayor. According to the Detroit Free Press, text messages like,
Ferguson: “Hello Black. You haven’t released that contract right.”
Kilpatrick: “They know I’m holding it.” (“Black” was a nickname Ferguson used for Kilpatrick, prosecutors said.)
Kilpatrick Required in Two Courts
In the morning of the 12th, Kilpatrick was required in court for his corruption trial. That same afternoon, Kilpatrick was to be present in front of Judge David Groner at the Wayne County Circuit Court, reported by the Detroit Free Press.
How do you think this trial will end? Kilpatrick faces a maximum sentence of 20 years? Do you think the jury will side guilty or not guilty?